In class 3
Alisa: Class, imi hanoin oinsa kanta one little, two little kai lae?
(Class, do you remember how to sing one little, two little?)
Class 3: Hanoin (Remember)
Alisa: Kanta lae (Come on, sing it)
Class 3: One little, two little, three little Timorese, four little, five little, six little Timorese, (take a deep breathe) seven little, eight little, nine little Timorese (shouting) TEN LITTLE TIMORESE!
Alisa: Diak! Imi bele counta ida to’o sanulu uza ingles los ka, ohin, hau atu hanorin imi sanulu resin ida to’o sanulu resin ha’at.
(Good! You can now count 1 to 10 in English right? Today, I am going to teach you 11-14 in English)
Jose Maia: La prezizah, ami hatene. (dun need, we know)
Alisa: Nee ga? (Oh is it so?)
Whole class: eleven!
Alisa: Wow, diak. sanulu resin rua? (Wow, good. 12?)
Whole class: two-leven, three-leven, fourleven!
Couldn’t believe my ears...
Alisa: Para! Hatete fali... (Stop! Say that again...)
Whole class (with a proud grin): Eleven, two-leven, three-leven, four-leven!
Alisa: HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
Immediate silence after I finished laughing. They took out their books and listen attentively to the correct pronunciation.
*Sorry la, I can’t help but laugh... I would never forget that grin that they have on their face.
Thursday, May 22, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment