Thursday, January 03, 2008

Unforgetable Moments

Unforgetable Year 2007

The most touching moments -
1) Able to take my first hot showers after 6 months (I almost cried)
2) A local lady gave me a free souvenir
3) Received a bag goodies and birthday gifts from church members.

The most embarrassing moments -
1) Charging out a shop without paying (S'pore)
2) In my former work place, I charged into guys toilet to lecture my students who brilliantly hid in the toilet thinking that I will go in. So I charged in and lecture them. After lecturing, I realised the Senior Pastor of the church (I use to work in a church) is in the toilet(S'pore)

The most unbearable moments -
1) Having to bid goodbye to friends and sister and try extremely hard not to cry
2) Recurring heartaches
3) POWER CUTS!

The most challenging moments -
1) Travel on the streets (in Timor) alone when I first arrived (not familiar with directions and language)
2) Took public transport to another district alone. (2 hours of bus ride (mini bus) with the locals AND with a goat on top of the bus
3) It have to be the period when I was planning and preparing to come Timor

The most blessed moments -
1) When I received blessings and encouragement from church
2) When I received S$600 from a friend's church (delivered to Timor from Singapore)
3) When my landlady paid for my window grills and took care of me when I was sick

The most happy moments -
1) My Timorese neighbour called me from afar "Kolega" (friend) and ran towards me wanting me to carry him. (It took him 4 months to trust a foreigner
2) To see my church youth's report slip!
3) Youth Camp in June 07

The 'hao lain' (proud) moments -
Hmmm.. dun have as I am very humble... Haha! no la
1) When I receieved my laptop
2) The first to buy House season 4 and CSI season 8!
3) When I go out with my church youths. They make me real proud!

The frustrating moments -
1) No one appreciate what is planned or done
2) My friends try to 'prophesy' who my silly cow will be (nationality)
3) POWER CUTS! Especially after I finally decide to bathe...

No comments: