Beautiful mountains!This is near where I stayed and where I spent my Christmas. Believe it or not, this is Timor Leste (commonly known as East Timor).
This is where I sleep. It is so cold that I have to wear jacket and hide into my sleeping bag every night!
As there is no water in the area Kakak San stay, we have to collect water in geri cans (I think that is the way to spell...), filter it and add bleach into the big can.
Kakak San about to 'process' the water. She was very zai (steady). Probably because she have been doing it for a year. My first attempt sent 1/4 of the water to the floor. Dun ask... The kitchen was 'flooded'...
This is what we use to filter the water - old school coffee filter.
After poruing filtering, I got to pour the water into the HUGE pail.
Hee... can you see? a cowboy look-a-like
I had a lot of fun here in the montains. It taught me a lot precious lesseons like... Water is precious and food is food la... Though I had been eating veggies and instant noodels, but I was reminded that Denise gave up what she have in Singapore to come to the mountains to do social work and she generously house and host me so I must thank God for everything that He has provided through His faithful children.
1 comment:
Wow, I love the first picture!! So amazing. :)
And yes, food is just food sometimes. :P
Post a Comment