Met up with Ingrid and HM for lunch ystd. After we bought the famous Timor coffee powder, we decided to go for ice-cream. When I got up the taxi, I heard a familiar song in the radio; 'Qing Fei De Yi' by Harlem Yu. It's kind of funny to hear chinese songs in Timorese taxi.
Me: Maun, ita komprende xina? (Brother, you understand Chinese?)
Taxi Driver: Lae, la komprende ida, rona deit (No, I dun understand, I just listen to it)
Me: Ohin manas los ya, la bele lao barak... (It's hot today, can't walk for too long)
TD: Sin.. (yes) Ita mai husi nebe? (Where do you come from?)
Me: Hau mai husi Singapore (I come from Singapore)
TD: Diak, Ita hetane Tetum... (Good, you understand Tetum)
When we were about to get out of the taxi, the driver looked me in my eyes and said,
TD: Obrigada ba kmoprende hau nia lingua (thank you for understanding my language)
!!!!!! I was really touched when I hear him say that.
Saturday, June 21, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment