In School
Student 1: Teacher, ita nia oan iha nebe? Ita oan iha nebe? (Teacher, where are your children? how many children do you have?)
Alisa: Hau la iha oan (I dun have children)
Student 2: Tanba sa? (Why?)
Alisa: Hau sidauk kaben. (I'm not married yet)
Student 1&2: Tanba sa? (Why?)
Student 3: Teacher Joven deit depois sidauk kaben. (teacher is a teenager only so haven't married yet.)
Student 1&2: Teacher tinan hira? (Teacher, how old are you?)
Alisa: Tinan Ruanulu resin neen (26yrs old)
Students 3: BOSOK TEEN! (Liar!) Teacher labele bosok. Ita hanesan joven. Hau hanoin ita tinan sanulu resin hitu. (Teacher cannot lie. You look like youth. I think you are only 17 yrs old).
In Church
Miss C: Naomi, Alisa come Timor to study?
Naomi: Huh? She is a teacher here.
Miss C: What is she teaching?
Naomi: She is teaching English.
Miss C: Wow, a teenager like her come all the way to teach.
Naomi: Huh? She is 26yrs old.
Miss C: No way...
Ehem... Not that I am childish ok, just that the people here look much more mature than me... Me not hanesan Joven (like teenager)...
Monday, October 29, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
you look young meh:) haha
Post a Comment