Flying off to CNX in 9 more days! I was there exactly a year ago. I met many beautiful children, kind and genuine villagers and bold God-followers.
My resolution for yr 2009 is to rest in Singapore and not go anywhere for volunteer work. I thought to myself - I have done my part in Timor one year, I have fulfilled my quota. I shall rest and save $$ for holidays in Australia... But God knows better.
When I was totally sure that I am not going for the CNX trip this year, God reminded me of N. N is ill and no one knows how much time he has left. He's the biggest heart I have seen and I will never forget the way he prayed for me before I lef last year. If you think I am fearless, he is 10 times fearless than me...When i saw the photos we toook last year, it's as though I can hear big G say:"By the time you finally made the decision to go back, N may have been gone". There was a long pause... My heart broke when I 'hear' that and I cried. I really dunno what i can do or have to do when I meet him again but I am willing to go. To be a blessing to N and the other people I'm going to meet.
This is the first time I am bringing a team to do volunteer work. I have gone through many sleepless nights. Dun think it is supposed to like that... I trust that I will be able to sleep better tonight :)
Friday, November 13, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment