Friday, March 06, 2009

father's love

3 days ago, a friend showed a video on Dick and Rick Hoyt at a workshop. I have uploaded the clip on my facebook, the link to the clip is below:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mCbdmSITV3g&feature=related

Fathers are most of the time stereo-typed or if not, misunderstood. No one really understand or know what they are thinking about and why they behave the way they do. I believe some of us who have watched the clip wishes our dad is like Dick Hoyt - Never give up hope on the son, treasure and love him the same, sacrifice for the son in order to fulfill his dreams and desire.

Though my dad passed away, I remembered that dad is always 'bullied' by mom. My mom always tell my sis & I that my dad is mean to her, he is not a good husband or dad. But in my heart I know that he loves us very much. His unspoken love for my sis and I can only be appreciated and desired for more after he passed away 20 years ago. I wished I have the opportunity to tell him how much I love him. Those who still have ur dad around, dun miss the chance... And those who know Christ, dun let ur dad go without Him. My dad didnt know Christ when he passed. That is my only regret.

No comments: